Aivlosin contains the innovative antibiotic tylvalosin, which is rapidly absorbed and concentrated in target tissues to provide proven control of major respiratory and enteric diseases in poultry, in particular:
All three diseases cause economic losses. Aivlosin's rapid effectiveness in the control of both acute and chronic respiratory and enteric diseases provides valuable commercial advantages.
Active substance: Tylvalosin (as tylvalosin tartrate) 625 mg/g.
Tylvalosin is a macrolide antibiotic. Macrolides are metabolites or derivatives of metabolites of soil organisms obtained by fermentation. They interfere with protein synthesis by reversibly binding to the 50S ribosome subunit. They are generally considered bacteriostatic. Tylvalosin has activity against pathogenic organisms isolated from a range of animal species-mainly Gram-positive organisms and mycoplasma but also some Gram-negative organisms. Macrolides (including tylvalosin) have been shown to have effects on the innate immune system, which may augment the direct effects of the antibiotic on the pathogen and aid the clinical situation.
Features & Benefits of Aivlosin
Aivlosin offers many key features and benefits, the key ones being:
- It is effective against both respiratory and enteric diseases, and so is suitable for use in strategic control programs
- It achieves peak plasma levels within 2 hours of administration and quickly concentrates at the site of infection, resulting in rapid resolution of disease and a return to production
- Aivlosin has been demonstrated to increase the metabolism of macrophages and to provide an enhanced level of activity in these macrophages
- Aivlosin has no known interactions with other products and can be used with other medications, vitamins and minerals
- The high level of palatability encourages the uptake of the medicated feed
All of these contribute to increased economic returns.
To understand dosage and timing details, please consult our experts or see our website.